sport world

วันเสาร์ที่ 18 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Golf Tip to Improve Accuracy

I'm pretty sure that almost all golfers, like myself, enjoy hitting long drives. I'm sure you will concur with me that it feels awesome when you actually hit one right off the tee and it flies a long way down the fairway. But I must acknowledge, that even though I love to smack it long off the tee, I'm kind of pathetic when it comes to driving accuracy. And this regrettably impacts my score. So I decided to do some on-course examination. Most golf courses have fourteen holes that have fairways, and then there is four holes, that are par 3's, with little or no fairway. I chose to check how many of the fourteen fairways I could reach off the tee with my driver. I reckoned if I could hit nine or more fairways, I'd be faring pretty well. If I was only capable to hit between six to eight fairways, then I'd need to practice a bit. If I wound up hitting less than six, then I was going to have to truly overhaul my thinking and knuckle down and practice my driving accuracy.Driving result
The results were approximately what I calculated. I only hit six out of fourteen fairways. My score was 96. This result told me that I needed to practice a little bit more.
While playing, I also made a mark on my scorecard of where my golf ball landed on the fairway. I'd mark an L, whenever the ball was on the left side of the fairway. I'd mark a C, whenever the ball was near the center of the fairway, and I'd mark an R, if the ball was on the right side of the fairway. Four out of my six hit fairways, were on the right side, and 2 were close to the center of the fairway. For my next practice session, I picked out the center of the fairway as my objective. I wanted my drives to land near the center. To achieve this, I discovered that my 5-wood was more accurate off the tee for me, and that my ball trajectory was a lot straighter.
So I played a different round, performing the same as before. This time I hit nine fairways, and five out of the nine, were close to the center, and I shot a 93.
I am not certain if I bettered my score by 3 because I was in the fairway or not, but I'm certain it added to it.
And so I'm working to continue to practice with my 5-wood, and meanwhile, I'm going to attempt to get more accurate with my 3-wood, so I can gain a bit more length as well. But this little examination aided me to ascertain that I need to improve my accuracy, and attempt to play a lot more target golf, by hitting the center of the fairway. I must say, it felt great to be playing more from the fairway.
Please give this tip a try yourself, and I hope that you'll receive similiar results. Driving accuracy equals lower score.


by Chris Mills

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

สมัครสมาชิก ส่งความคิดเห็น [Atom]

<< หน้าแรก